Client Director- Consultancy and Research
Job ID: 10
Job type: Full Time
About the job
The Workforce Development Trust is registered charity and is the umbrella for a group of sector skills councils and awarding bodies. These include Skills for Health, Skills for Justice, People 1st, and SFJ Awards.
This essential role was created to oversee, develop and manage service offers to our clients based in the health, justice, and hospitality sectors. The post will develop business opportunities relating to a broad range of workforce planning, design, and development interventions for client organisations.
You will help develop and use product and services ranging from developing new roles, role, and career frameworks and standards, organisational workforce strategies including talent, leadership, management, and organisational development activities. These underpin our reputation for a vibrant portfolio of workforce solutions developed and delivered by a team of skilled workforce consultants that the Client Director will collaborate with. There are 2 other similar Client Director roles within the division that are currently staffed.
The holder will be responsible for growing Skills for Health and Skills for Justice presence, and customer base, and value to employers. Core responsibilities will include achieving agreed year-on-year new business and revenue targets through preparing and implementing business development plans and strategy consistent with The Workforce Development Trust corporate objectives.
Applicants for this role should be well versed in professional, career and skills development approaches.
This role is a full time, permanent role with UK wide responsibilities (Hybrid).
The post holder will:
- Deliver agreed annual sales and revenue targets in terms of new business, in-year revenue and client retention;
- Identify, develop and secure a pipeline of opportunities for The Workforce Development Trust to work with health, justice and local government employers,
- Develop strong proposals, bids and tenders,
- Represent and promote The Workforce Development Trust and its brands;
- Build relationships with and influence decision makers within the sectors covered by The Workforce Development Trust.
- Business Development.
- Client/Employer Relationship Management.
- Business Proposals and Tenders.
- Communication and Working Relationships.
- Degree and/or management qualification or equivalent demonstrable senior managerial knowledge and experience.
- Evidence of continuing ongoing professional development.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of workforce development issues faced by employers within the health and justice sectors.
- Current knowledge of skills development policies as these relate to the health and justice sectors.
- Understanding of the commercial requirements of a business and how these translate into selling behaviour.
- Experience of business development and delivery within in the Public Sector.
- Experience of effective negotiation to deliver mutually profitable solutions.
- Experience of writing and preparing proposal/tender documentation.
- Experience of delivering tender response proposals and the creation and delivery of presentation materials at panels or other selection formats.
- Experience of developing and delivering against short and medium-long term business development plans.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate a clear vision and present appropriate and well-structured arguments.
- Well-developed influencing, negotiation and mediation skills, demonstrating the ability to overcome objections, resolve differences and arrive at agreements.
- Ability to manage budgets/resources in compliance with financial controls.
- Well-developed consultancy skills, with an ability to acquire an understanding of clients’ workforce issues and relate that to WDT products and services.
- Ability to synthesise innovative solutions and ideas to address potential business opportunities.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year with additional days’ leave awarded for each continuous year of service up to a maximum of 28 days, plus eight public holidays and a potential Christmas closure. The WDT also provides enhanced maternity, paternity and sickness leaves.
- Health and wellbeing benefits, which include access to a confidential employee assistance programme, free eye tests and payment for an annual flu jab.
- Pension scheme with a minimum contribution of 4% to a maximum contribution of 6%, matched by the company, along with death in service coverage at three times annual salary.
- Flexible employee benefits, including a portal providing hundreds of discounts, including a cycle to work scheme which is available upon successful completion of probation period, as well as a dress for your day approach to working.
- Frequent organisational development days and departmental training budgets.
Please include your CV when applying.
Closing date Monday 6th December 2021.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in applying. Please click the Apply Now link below to email our Recruitment team, and send them a copy of your CV and optional Cover Letter for review. If your application is progressed, a member of the team will be in touch.