Digital Marketing Manager – Health
Job ID: 44
Location: Bristol Office/ Hybrid
Job type: Full Time
About the job
The Workforce Development Trust (WD Trust)
The Workforce Development Trust group is the parent company to Skills for Health, Skills for Justice, SFJ Awards and People 1st International. We are a charity governed through a board of trustees and deliver products and services that improve the workforce across a wide range of sectors through our subsidiary brands.
This is a fixed-term role to cover our Digital Marketing Manager, who is going on maternity leave. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the online marketing presence across the group, working collaboratively with Product Marketing Managers, Events and PR and under the direction of the Corporate Marketing Manager. You will primarily oversee all Digital Marketing activity for Skills for Health, our biggest brand within the group, as well as supporting a Digital Marketing Executive working on digital marketing outputs for Skills for Justice and SFJ Awards, two other subsidiaries within the group.
Your digital marketing expertise will include utilising a wide range of digital marketing channels to promote products and services, and use tools to drive engagement, conversions, and awareness with our target customers. You will support the marketing and business development function in engaging with our audiences, delivering high quality, well managed digital outputs that deliver results, and report against industry standards using data analytics. You will be responsible for ensuring that product websites achieve maximum engagement and deliver a valued user experience. Your digital skills will also be applied to support user journeys from discovery using SEO to engagement and conversion using digital marketing principles.
You will work alongside the marketing team and wider business development team to support revenue growth through digital customer acquisition, including supporting revenue growth through our ecommerce. The role requires a highly driven and well organised approach, and will require a high attention to detail, and the ability to work independently to meet deadlines and deliver results. You will often have several ongoing projects and prioritisation is key to support campaign deadlines, ensuring the digital component of marketing activity is delivered on time, and within budget.
The person in this role will be a digital marketing all-rounder with an ability to adapt and use a variety of multi-media content and channels and be able to make well considered recommendations based on data and best practice to maximise the impact of digital content and campaigns. This person will be responsible for digital marketing strategies, advising product marketing on the best solutions for campaigns that deliver lead generation and engagement, to support the overall marketing strategy.
The Workforce Development Trust (The WD Trust) is a not-for-profit organisation helping employers to cultivate their ultimate workforce through increasing productivity, improving learning supplies and helping to boost the skills of the UK’s employees. You will contribute to the success of the organisation by ensuring the online delivery supports the products and services that enable us to achieve our goals.
Bristol Office- Hybrid working available.
Salary: £30,000 to £32,000- Fixed term contract, Maternity Cover.
Maintain The Workforce Development Trust portfolio, primarily www.skillsfohealth.org.uk, whilst also supporting the Digital Marketing Executive who will administer www.sfjuk.com, and www.sfjawards.com. This will include critical evaluation of on-site content, user journeys, maintenance of CMS updates and plugins, as well as reporting website performance using analytics.
Must be able to demonstrate creative flair in the creation of website content and design, create engaging user journeys by understanding products, services and available resources. Maximise revenue opportunities through digital marketing channels, including paid and organic, monitoring conversion rates and campaign performance, reporting to Product Marketing teams and the Corporate Marketing Manager. Establish effective buyer journeys through all digital touchpoints.
- Be an expert system and solution user, with high technical competency of digital marketing tools for example, able to pick up and use tools like Moz, SEMRush, Google Analytics, Search Console etc.
- Provide detailed reports for campaigns, committing to KPIs for engagement, conversion rates, lead generation and responsiveness.
- Working with agencies to develop SEO and Adword strategies.
- Good demonstrable working knowledge of SEO best practice, keyword research and implementation.
- Excellent ability to manage multi-media channels to best effect including social media, paid and organic.
- Manage digital marketing systems, including acting as a budget owner for systems, maintaining accounts, and developing system integration strategies.
- First point of contact for website content development, CMS and plug-in updates and new website functionality, working with agency as and when required.
- Supporting the Marketing team with creation of digital marketing content to drive engagement and results.
- Support the Events team with the promotion of events through digital marketing channels and repurposing event content for maximum engagement.
- Creation of campaign landing pages for product marketing, PR and brand campaign activity, with well considered user journeys, including reporting against key metrics.
- Performance monitoring, ROI, analytics and ensuring customer conversion points are operating effectively
- Create, manage and report against email marketing activity for the Health brand, using Mailchimp or similar email marketing tool – including using automation, managing an email calendar, audience segmentation, system integration and A/B testing to improve engagement and conversion rates.
The sort of person we are looking for:
- Extensive professional experience in Digital Marketing, preferably including website administration, use of paid marketing channels, and experience launching new products.
- Adaptable with a willingness to learn new solutions that will enhance digital marketing outputs.
- You may have a creative background or worked in a design role.
- Strong organisational and communication skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Experienced in managing digital marketing agencies, and reporting on meaningful KPIs against objectives.
- Experience in creating social media and email strategies to support campaign success including paid and organic content, A/B testing, and reporting.
- Evidence of further education (A Level or equivalent, ideally in business, marketing, technical or similar.
- Evidence of Digital Marketing or Website Administration professional training.
- Data management and system integration tools including integration with CRM.
- Google Analytics, Goal creation, behavior and referral mapping.
- CMS management, including back-up, plug-in updates and content updates. Ideally WordPress + one other platform.
- Digitally competent and able to adapt to using new platforms quickly- Desirable
- CRM systems.
- Digital marketing tools, including keyword research tools e.g. SEMRush, Moz, Search Console, Google Analytics or similar.
- Experience with design systems e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva etc.
- Confident in using digital channels to generate leads and interest in products and services – for example paid and organic social media, paid web-banners, PPC, including critical analysis of these channels to determine success.
- Comfortable and confident managing the online delivery of marketing outputs.
- Ability to work across teams effectively to achieve objectives.
- Creative and open thinking, driven to innovate and find new ways of working to maximise opportunities and improve efficiencies.
- Comfortable in face to face communications and presenting.
- Able to make decisions efficiently and adopt a problem-solving approach.
- Generous annual leave entitlement up to a maximum of 28 days, plus public holidays and a potential Christmas closure.
- Flexible working 2 days per week working from home with a dress for your day approach.
- In touch monthly session with the CEO.
- Employee referral recruitment scheme.
- We provide enhanced leave, bereavement, carers, maternity, paternity and sickness leave.
- Health and wellbeing benefits, access to our mental health first aiders, a confidential employee assistance programme, free eye tests and payment for an annual flu jab.
- Pension scheme up to a maximum contribution of 6%, matched by the company, along with death in service coverage at three times annual salary.
- Flexible employee benefits, portal including a cycle to work scheme.
- Frequent organisational development days and departmental training budgets.
- Payroll giving, this is a tax-free way to donate to any charity, good cause or place of worship.
The Workforce Development Trust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone.
We strongly encourage people of all gender, religion, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you need any reasonable adjustments at any point, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to advise on your preferred pronouns, for example she/her, he/him, they/them etc.
Closing date 16th of August 2022- The advert may close early depending on the number of applications.
Please include your CV when applying.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.