Effective from 25th May 2018
Who we are:
We are the Workforce Development Trust Ltd (WD Trust), a registered UK charity. The Workforce Development Trust incorporates: Skills for Health, Skills Platform, Skills for Justice, SFJ Awards and People 1st International.
WD Trust is also licensed as the Sector Skills Council for Health by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills.
Data Protection Manager, Workforce Development Trust, Vertigo, Cheese Lane, Bristol BS2 0JJ. Telephone: 0117 922 1155.
Data we collect
We collect information about you for a number of reasons, depending on the service you are accessing. The information we collect is used to enable us to offer you the best possible service, to respond to requests from you, or to process orders.
From our websites and online services, we may collect the following information:
- Email address
- Phone Number
- IP address (including geographic location)
- Job title
How we use your data
We may use the information that we collect about you to:
- Respond to enquiries and service requests
- Send newsletters, webinar invites, and details of services that we believe will be of interest.
- Improve our website services.
- Understand visitor behaviour.
- Work with social media providers (twitter/Facebook) to interact with you on social media.
- Send you communications about a service.
- Help you interact with us.
- To improve the relevance of ads on Google and other websites, this is known as remarketing and can be opted out of through googles ads settings https://adssettings.google.com/.
How we share your information
To deliver our services we may share your data within the WD Trust group of companies, and with third party service providers (including Google) that assist us in carrying out business activities. We only share data where required and only for the specific purposes listed above. Where we act as a reseller, we will share your data with the service provider in order for them to deliver the service. We never sell your data to third parties.
International transfer of data
We endeavour to store personal information within the EU wherever possible, but in some cases information may be transferred internationally where there is a technological requirement or third party service provider. In these cases, we will ensure that third party providers meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
Manage or delete Personal Information
If you would like to be removed from our database or check the information we store about you, please contact us using the details above.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you wish to restrict or block cookies and similar technologies, you can do so via your browser’s settings. Please refer to the help function of your browser for details on how to do this.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website and online services.
We use third party software for analytics, information is collected and transmitted to the analytics provider. We may then use this information to compile statistical reports and evaluate how our websites, products and services are used. In some cases, this information may be used to provide a personalised experience for you.
You can opt out here http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of our services and data.
- regularly reviewing our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures.
- restricting access to personal information to only employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations.
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.